Friday, June 3, 2011

North Texas Con Bound

Lock up your silverware, corn liquor, and daughters, suburban Dallas, the reprobate gamers of the HC are coming your way. This afternoon, I will be hoofing it up to the Metroplex for the much hoopla-ed North Texas RPG Con with the infamous Brad of Crushing Skulls and “special” guest and gaming artist Jason Braun.

Restless soul that I am, I won't be content to merely drink and make mayhem with funny-shaped dice, I have a few goals for the Con that you will see the likely fruits of next week:

Meet and interview a number of the hobby's early giants. One of the draws to North Texas RPG Con is the stunning array of truly old school special guest stars. I have been itching to revive my interview series, the Con presents a unique opportunity. (Top of the list is finish the now-sprawling Rob Kuntz interview I was conducting at the end of last year.)

Putting internet personas together with the people. Back when I was managing editor of a magazine there was a game I always, always enjoyed matching the distinctiveness of the authorial voice to the real person (it's amazing when you develop the ear how close they can match how a person carries himself in real life). Looks like we the Con will be sloppy with bloggers. Look for my after-Con gossip column.

The last one-shot I ran for Brad and Jason.
Marshal some collective energy to get the Domain Game out the gate. In lieu of posting this week I have been devoting my gaming writing space to fleshing out as much as I could to get a real draft together. Not quite there, but I look forward to getting a reality check and bouncing ideas off conference goers. 

Remember all who are interested that we will have a little drinking and discussion soiree for those interested in the project on Saturday night.


Running a pickup game in the Saturday morning open session. Depending on interest level (others and mine when it comes to what said others are offering) I may be running either a Humanspace Empires or Search for the Emperor's Treasure  one-shot.  

Play with little lead men in a Steve Winter's EPT game. Namely these nice little babies painted by our “resident Tekumel expert”, Jeff Berry (he hates it when I call him that). As someone partial to unremitting cosmic chaos I am going to claim that purple-clad priest of Hru'u if possible as my own.


3 comments:

  1. Please write a full report when you return. I'd love to read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun, Chris, and go easy on Rob: I've seen your "sprawling interviews" before! ;)

    > Marshal some collective energy to get the Domain Game out the gate... Not quite there, but I look forward to getting a reality check and bouncing ideas off conference goers.

    ... and it would be good to hear what he thinks about your pushing the boundaries in various directions, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun, and if you spot any deals on starship minis, snag them for me :)

    ReplyDelete