Saturday, January 14, 2012

Death-Defying Feats of Wonder

I am a day late. It's unclear whether I am a dollar short.

At the end of yesterday's post on GM improv, I promised an absurdly silly stunt-challenge. Here it is, I will be defying Thantos himself in a feat of derring-do. Naw, I am not going to jump Snake River Canyon, at least not today.

Here's the pitch:
I will need four volunteers from the (virtual) audience. Preferably four stalwart souls with FLAILSNAILS characters. You there, sir, with the foppish hat and black toga, you will do nicely.

Wednesday or Thursday of next week at 8:30 Central US time I will meet you in the Google Plus game arena. I will prepare no map, no encounter, no plot line, nothing. I will be meeting this challenge armed only with my home setting, the HC.

Two hours before said time—nay, a mere 20 minutes before—each volunteer will send me my clues for running the game, in order:
  1. An adventure hook.
  2. A second adventure hook.
  3. Three locales (building, cave, ship, what have you) where said hooks can play out.
  4. A mac-guffin.
Further, each will also provide me one flavor detail of high weirdness that I must incorporate into the game.

A show of hands from the volunteers.  

15 comments:

  1. Oooh oooh ooh! ::waves hand::

    I'd love to be in on this. I might have a conflict, which I can check and let you know about soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's really funny that you, one of the scalawags that picked up a foppish hat and stylish ebon toga from the dead pile in the last session, volunteered for this.

      Delete
    2. They're definitely the *in* thing in Lankhmar these days. :D

      Besides, when you're calling us out, we can but rise to the challenge!

      Delete
  2. Put me on the bench - wed & thurs this week should be good for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotcha. (Man I am digging this new-fangled direct-reply feature of Blogger.)

      Delete
  3. I'd love to do this but I can't make those times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it works--and is in doesn't suck titan-sized balls--I probably will do it again at different time.

      Delete
    2. On fact I might give it a go myself. I don't have a homebrew setting, but I might be able to wing it in Tekumel.

      Delete
  4. Meriwether Chambliss coughs politely.

    "Your stated intentions sound reckless and irresponsible -- arrayed in foolhardy defiance of all common sense."

    "But I have my reputation as a sporting gentleman to think of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I have transcended that phase in my intellectual growth where I discover humor in simple freakishness," replies the world-weary GM in turn. "What exists is real; therefore it is tragic, since whatever lives must die. Only fantasy, the vapors rising from sheer nonsense, can now excite my laughter."

      Delete
  5. Put me on the list! If you have room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to be on the list. Pick me! Pick me! Pick meeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father Jack stirs in his chair, but not enough to lift his head from the precious purple pillow. "Drink! Fekk! Arse!" which in this case means "why yes, I would love to attend."

    ReplyDelete